Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The cost of Meds

I find this image to have a lot of controversy over it in many different ways. Although I think the image is not too controversial, it shows that there is a price to staying healthy if you are relying on synthetic pills that have been made in a lab. The cost, time, and amount of testing it takes to create a pill that works is intense.
It takes millions of tests to produce a working drug, and takes years to get it right with trials and testing to make sure it will not kill anybody that takes the drugs. I think that the cost of some medicine should be set higher, so maybe that would help people realize that the need to start working harder to care for their health instead of relying on pills to stay healthy.
That said, some people can not help what is wrong with them like the people with disorders, illnesses, diseases, or injuries due to accidents, and some people that have serious problems. Therefore I think it is important to for this nation to have good health care coverage.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark,
    While I don't think this image is particuarly controversial (everyone can agree that the cost of prescriptions is outrageous) I do think you brought up a good main idea- the health care system. I personally think it's way out of whack.

    ReplyDelete