Sunday, October 4, 2009

Marriage

I have some very mixed opinions when it comes to the main controversial topics like abortion and the death-penalty. But one that I have mainly one stance on is gay marriage. I have a few friends that are gay, and i do not see how gay men or women getting married should affect anyone negatively.
Many people are against gay marriage because they believe that it goes against God's will and that only a man and a woman should get married. My point against that is there are many different regains and not everyone believes in the same thing. Marriage for some people takes place in a city hall or drive through chapel in Las Vegas. Therefore someone of a different religion should be able to marry who they want; men or women.
People also are against gay marriage because of what they see in the public eye. But honestly, how many times do you see gay couples publicly displaying affection in an obnoxious way. Not that often, This is probably because of the negative way some people treat gay couples. This is not right, and men and women should be able to love whomever the want, and have the same rights as heterosexuals married couples.
People should not be so concerned with what goes on in the privacy of someone else's love life. A gay couple getting married does not hurt anyone or hurt the view of a perfect marriage, because honestly, it is the divorce rate of men and women that hurts the view of marriage. Not gay marriage. I say it's okay for gay couples to get married because it does not affect me and doesn't affect anyone negatively. What about you? Are you for or against gay marriage?

3 comments:

  1. I am for it. I love gay people they are so nice. And you're right, it is none of people's business what goes on between them. And I like your point on the divorce rates effecting the view of marriage. So I'm totally for gay marriage. It doesn't bother me at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya. Like you, I believe marriage should be an open institution. I also wrote my blog on gay marriage and how unjust it is to discriminate against a whole group of people just because of their sexual orientation. A couple other people did, too. It's awesome that we have such an open minded class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya i have to agree to discriminate on a group of people is wrong no matter what it issue is

    ReplyDelete