Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Memory Mark Owens

A memory that clearly sticks out in my mind, is the time my car was destroyed. I was not a part of the accident but I saw it happen and it is something that will always be a strong memory.
As a favor to a good friend, I let him borrow my car, while I rode my motorcycle. One day we were driving on the same road together, and I was behind him when he started to speed up. His back tire hit a drain on the road, and the back tire popped off the ground. He was going about 80 mph when he lost control of the vehicle. Then he hit a curb and then a light pole, which caused the car to spin ten feet in the air. When the car smashed against the ground, I turned around on my bike, and saw the damage done to the front of the car. I made sure he was okay before, I stepped back and examined the damage further and let the anger wash over me.
Now that my car is gone, I realize how much I miss it and how convenient it is to have a car. My friend has since paid me back for what the car was worth, and I am grateful that no one was hurt and simply try to put the memory out of my head, even though it is impossible to forget.

3 comments:

  1. damn that reallt sucks about your car. if that was me i would be going bulistic ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I like the color scheme of your blog but I need you to change the font so it's not all in italics. It's giving my poor, old eyes a panic!

    ReplyDelete